What we do
Terabase Energy, was founded with the mission to accelerate decarbonization of large-scale energy generation beyond intermittent renewable power. Our proprietary software, solutions and engineering capabilities will enable the deployment of revolutionary, hybrid projects that produce 24/7 renewable energy. We serve our global clients using technology we develop and are already working on some of the largest and most impactful solar powerplant projects in the world.
Do you approach the world with curiosity and ask the question “What if?” Do you enjoy solving interesting engineering problems that no one has solved before through using your creativity to quickly design, build, and test solutions? Terabase’s Software Technical Product/Program Manager is a key member of the software product development team, reporting to the VP Software. As a member of this team you will work, learn, and grow in Terabase’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. Successful candidates will be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, problem solving, pro-activity, collaboration, operating in a dynamic environment and dedicated to the mission of accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy by utilizing digital and automation technology to further reduce the cost of utility-scale solar.
Ideally, candidates for this role will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area, however full remote work will be considered for the right candidate.
- Define and lead software program execution for the Deployment and Construction software products developed by Terabase
- Act as the internal “glue” by communicating and coordinating across all teams including software and hardware engineering, product, operations, and business to drive multiple complex, cross-functional initiatives related to construction and automation
- Plan, manage, track, and report on the progress of software development team activities, with a particular focus on our construction automation product, and interfacing with one of Terabase’s outsourced software development teams
- Assist with product design, including digesting product feature requests into Jira issues
- Lead the agile technical product management/lifecycle activities of the software team, including run 1-week and/or 2-week sprints for different groupings of software team members
- Interface with Terabase product management, business product owners, and subject matter experts – incorporate their feedback – develop schedules and execution plans -- convey roadmap, progress, hurdles to broader corporate team outside of the software group
- Interface with end users to collect feedback to incorporate into software team development plans and activities
- Learn Terabase software products to the point of becoming a super-user for all elements of our ecosystem
- 3+ years experience with software product and/or program management
- Solid understanding of and experience with agile workflow management process
- BA or BS in relevant field
- Ability to work remotely and with distributed teams in different time-zones
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with software product design
- Experience with cloud-hosted software applications
- Experience with IoT technologies and approaches
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Understanding of software design techniques
What we offer
- Remote flexibility
- Flexible time off
- Generous health benefits
- Home office set up
- Career progression
- ….and more!