What we do
Terabase Energy, was founded with the mission to accelerate decarbonization of large-scale energy generation beyond intermittent renewable power. Our proprietary software, solutions and engineering capabilities will enable the deployment of revolutionary, hybrid projects that produce 24/7 renewable energy. We serve our global clients using technology we develop and are already working on some of the largest and most impactful solar powerplant projects in the world.
Do you approach the world with curiosity and ask the question “What if?” Do you enjoy solving interesting engineering problems that no one has solved before through using your creativity to quickly design, build, and test solutions? Terabase’s Staff Software Engineer is a member of the software product development team, reporting to the VP Software or Director Construction Software. As a member of this team you will work, learn, and grow in Terabase’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. Successful candidates will be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, problem solving, pro-activity, collaboration, operating in a dynamic environment and dedicated to the mission of accelerating the decarbonization of the global economy by utilizing digital and automation technology to further reduce the cost of utility-scale solar.
Ideally, candidates for this role will be located in the San Francisco Bay Area, however full remote work will be considered for the right candidate.
- Work closely with VP/Director Software to deliver on key Terabase software team activities
- Work with a tight-knit team of 2-4 software Engineers
- Work collaboratively with two remote/outsourced software development teams, one in India and the other in Serbia
- Design, develop, build, test, deploy software to help create the Terabase products that will ‘digitalize’ the full lifecycle (development, design, construction, and operation) of solar power plants.
- Develop web APIs and user interfaces for physical devices and hosted environments
- Communicate with and support users of developed tools
- Develop quality plans and unit testing approaches for your code
- 4+ years experience with architecture, technologies, and approaches relevant to the Terabase product vision
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry training
- Full-stack exposure with a particular emphasis on rapid development, security, robustness, and scalability
- Ability to work remotely and to work with distributed teams in various time zones
- Proficient written and verbal English communication skills
- Solid programming skills, with exposure to object oriented and functional programming techniques
- Understanding of software design techniques
- Understanding of and experience in unit testing and test driven development.
- Solid understanding of web applications and HTTPS
- Understanding of micro-services based cloud-hosted software architecture
- Solid understanding of agile workflow management process
- Good understanding of ‘git flow’ source code management development techniques and process
Technologies We Use
- Cloud-hosted software environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Various database technologies including relational (SQL) and non-relational (no-SQL)
- Exposure to and understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) concepts and techniques
- Experience with mobile application development (React Native, expo, iOS, Android)
- Experience with Django or Flask
- Experience with software product design and software product management
What we offer
- Remote flexibility
- Flexible time off
- Generous health benefits
- Home office set up
- Career progression
- ….and more!