Terabase Energy, Inc. is a Berkeley, CA-based venture backed startup that was founded by solar industry veterans as a result of a technology spinout from SunPower Corporation in 2019. Our mission is to accelerate the renewable energy transition by reducing soft costs and improving efficiency in the development, procurement and construction of large renewable energy projects. We serve our global clients using technology we develop and are already working on some of the largest and most impactful solar powerplant projects in the world.
The Network Engineer is responsible for the development, coordination, and implementation of large-scale solar projects in cooperation with our customers and technical partners. During the bid phase this will include, among other things, reviewing cybersecurity requirements, identifying customer requests that require variation from standard deployments, and initial design of project network. During the implementation phase emphasis shifts to design and then execution. The Network Engineer is responsible for selecting the needed hardware, documenting all physical connections and media, creating the IP address space, and building switch and firewall configurations. They will also interface with stakeholders who need access to the plant networks to coordinate secure connections, including the plants connection to the ISP.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in network development and management. We seek a customer-oriented, hands-on self-starter who is analytical and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion to create world-class solutions. This position is nominally based in Perrysburg, Ohio but the right candidate may be able to work remotely from other locations.
- Contribute to the design and development of monitoring and control systems for utility scale renewable energy projects.
- Maintain multiple development environments both on premises and cloud based.
- Develop detailed design documentation including System Architecture Diagrams, Security Protocols, and Risk Analysis.
- Design networking equipment configuration including specifying physical interfaces and protocols, assigning IP addresses, and administration of firewall rules.
- Configuration of IT equipment.
- Provide technical support for networking equipment.
- Create VPNs and IPSEC-tunnels for remote access to networks.
- Generate project documentation including commissioning documents, as-built drawings, IP Lists, operator manuals and training material.
- Coordinate with field technicians for on-site commissioning and installation support.
- Utilize diagnostic utilities to troubleshoot networks.
- Any other actions required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Cybersecurity or related.
- Ability to communicate with team members and business partners.
- 5+ years of network design and implementation, including security considerations.
- Working knowledge of NERC-CIP requirements a plus.
- Designed Multi Switch networks with VLANs and firewalls, Hirschman and Palo Alto a plus.
- Experience with Virtualization technology, including containers.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement/Lessons Learned program.
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the United States.
- Travel, 10%