Terabase Energy, Inc. is a Berkeley, CA-based venture backed startup that was founded by solar industry veterans as a result of a technology spinout from SunPower Corporation in 2019. Our mission is to accelerate the renewable energy transition by reducing soft costs and improving efficiency in the development, procurement and construction of large renewable energy projects. We serve our global clients using technology we develop and are already working on some of the largest and most impactful solar powerplant projects in the world.
The Engineer is responsible for designing, programming, installing, and testing SCADA and plant control system for solar, solar and storage and other hybrid plants. The system must bring together multiple sub-systems of the renewable plant to meet the operational and regulatory needs of the owner and the grid operator. The Engineer is responsible to develop and implement logic for complex custom applications, capture client requirements for the system, coordinate with client and contractor, develop and implement required logic and perform testing and develop HMI screes. The Engineer is responsible for continuous improvement and operational excellence for controls and controls-related systems and equipment to achieve zero-failure rate, eliminate single points of failure, and attain aggressive targets for uptime and reliability.
- Engage directly with customers; Developers, Owners, Utilities, EPCs, and ISOs.
- Contribute to the design and development of monitoring and control systems for utility scale renewable energy projects.
- Program, install, troubleshoot, test, and commission Remote Terminal Units (RTU’s), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), & Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) for: Active Power Curtailment, Reactive Power Control, MET tower data acquisition, High Voltage substation SCADA; Power Plant Control (PPC) for, Solar, Battery Energy Storage (BESS), and Energy Management Systems (EMS’s)
- Work with the following technologies and platforms: Controls: SEL-RTACs & ControlLogix; HMI: Ignition; Historian: Ignition, MSSQL, InfluxDB, and Canary Labs; Network: SEL, Cisco, Hirschmann, Fortigate, and Moxa; Troubleshooting: Putty, Wireshark
- Develop detailed design documentation including System Architecture Diagrams, Device Points List, IP lists, Logic Diagrams, HMI mockups.
- Generate project documentation including commissioning documents, as-built drawings, operator manuals and training material.
- Coordinate with field technicians for on-site commissioning and installation support.
- Utilize diagnostic utilities to troubleshoot complex monitoring and control systems.
- Any other actions required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technology, or related field, preferably with controls major.
- Ability to communicate with team members and business partners.
- 2+ years of IEC 61131-3/PLC programming experience, including structured text and function blocks.
- 2+ years of SCADA development, Ignition experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of programming language. Phyton a plus.
- Experience in setting up virtual machines on physical servers.
- IEC 61131-3, Ladder Logic, Function Blocks, and Structured Text.
- Working knowledge of industrial protocols such as Modbus-TCP, DNP3, OPC-UA, IEC 61850 and ICCP.
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Been part of or lead Continuous Improvement/Lessons Learned program.
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the United States
- Travel, 20-30%